Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Linguine with White Clam Sauce and a Twist

Linguine with white clam sauce is one of my favorite dishes and I made it last night. Only I added a new ingredient and it kicked it up a notch, as my brother would say! The ingredient is anchovies and they are delicious. (I had a can with added salt and olive oil. I didn't add a speck of salt to dish and with the added Parmesan, it didn't need it.) Anchovies don't taste fishy and they added just another layer of flavor. YUM. Served the pasta with a a salad of greens (mostly from farmer's market) and cooked beets in a balsamic vinaigrette.

1 lb linguini
3 cans chopped clams
1 can anchovies
1 head garlic, chopped fine (less if you aren't a garlic maniac)
1 T butter
¼ cup olive oil
¾ cup dry white wine
Parsley, chopped
Pepper
Red Pepper (optional)

Prepare pasta, reserving a cup of pasta water. Sauté garlic in olive oil and butter on medium-low. When garlic begins to color, add anchovies and stir until fish breaks apart. Add wine and clam juice and cook 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and heat, a minute. Stir in pasta, adding reserved pasta water if necessary. Serve with Parmesan cheese.



For lots more recipes and more, go to: Harmonious Environment.

3 comments:

Rebecca Leonard said...

Ok, I don't like to cook much but my husband LOVES white clam sauce and Emeril...

It looks like I'm going to have to give this a try!

Norma Lehmeier Hartie said...

If you don't enjoy cooking, you will love this recipe because it is very easy and quick to make!

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Bella Swenson