Monday, January 7, 2008

Beef Wellington, Roasted Kale and Sauteed Char

My husband and I don't eat red meat often, but when we do, it's the best: free range, anti-biotic free, grain fed. I had bought beef tenderloin a couple months ago from Whole Foods and froze it, waiting for a special occasion to cook it. My husband has been working like crazy lately, Saturdays included, so I decided to surprise him this past weekend with this dish.
My local A&P now carries organic dried mushrooms and I had a bag of Chanterelle mushrooms that I wanted to try. I used them instead of regular mushrooms and enjoyed them. You soak them in water, and the water smelled so great, I decided to save it. Tonight I will use it as the stock for cream of mushroom soup.
There was enough for two nights (recipe that follows is for two portions) and we had roasted kale the first night and sautéed char the following night. For recipes, go to Harmonious Environment.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: